Thursday, April 25, 2013

God Of My Everything, the Creater of the Heavens and Earth

I had a moment with the Lord today. I know we can consider each moment we live and breath a moment with the Lord, as we should. However, on this day, I know God met me...where I needed to be met, at the exact moment. 

I drove to PDX today for an appointment. This whole week we have had awesome weather. Sunny, blue skies, temps in the 60s or 70s. I took off for unknown and uncharted places with a bit of fear and trepidation. (Note: I am directionally challenged and was very thankful for hubby's map and for Siri) As I was on the drive I was already marveling at the beauty of the day. Everything is so green right now and every bush or tree is in full bloom with such amazing color and scent. I had a phone conversation with a dear sister in the Lord on the way to Portland. She and I share similar prayer requests. As I hung up on the call, I was a bit overwhelmed with some heavy stuff, stuff of the earth which can wear us down. I put my ipod on and chose my worship mix. There were a couple of songs that were familiar and ministered to me and God was doing a work through these songs to bring my focus back to Him and not the cares of the day. Then the song by Bebo Norman came on my mix. The song, "God of My Everything" came on my mix. The words, 
"God of my heart
God of my need
God of my pain that no one else will ever see
God of my healing
God of my strength
God who is always and will forever reign
God of my everything" 

was sung by Bebo. I thought of all the 'stuff' I am working through and anxious about. I thought of the 'stuff' I struggle with or what brings me pain. God reminded me of His strength and His healing. 

About the time the song was nearing an end, I came around a bend in the highway and looked up and there was Mt. Hood, all HUGE and in my face. The sky was clear, glorious and this mountain was standing tall and glorious! It was if God was speaking directly to me! Saying, "I got this, I made this mountain and I got this." Then, just a second or two later, as I kept driving, I saw to my right Mt. Hood and to my center view ahead of me, at the same time, was a glorious view of Mt. St. Helens. God was speaking to me, to me. On this ordinary Thursday of April 25, God was showing me His greatness, His power and His faithfulness. As if He was reminding me, through the power of His awesome creation, "I got this for you." 

Talk about 'angel bumps' and tears...they came at that moment. God, the Creator of this wonderful, glorious, 'standing tall in the sky' mountains, has my concerns, my cares, my anxieties, my worries and my pain. I was humbled beyond words. HE HAS THIS!

This week our Women's Bible Study looked deeply at Psalm 121. I was the leader/facilitator of this study. 
Psalm 121 
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will [a]protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will [b]guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

As amazing as these glorious mountains were to me today, and the Lord knew I needed to see His majestic creation today, He knew I needed the reminder of how He, creator of the mountains (the Universe), has my everyday concerns in His care. However, even more amazing, is how my HELP comes from the LORD the CREATOR of the heavens and earth. I do not need to focus on the mountains, I need to focus on the CREATOR of the mountains. He has it ALL! He will not 'slumber' or 'sleep' on His watch of me, or His watch of those who belong to me.

This was a beautiful moment for me. I am eternally thankful. God, the Creator of the heavens and earth, has my anxious, worrisome thoughts in His care and perfect plan. Praise God! 

"Oh God, let me give these cares of this world to you. Let me release it all to you and trust You for Your plan and Your perfect will to be accomplished. You are a good and faithful God. I give you glory and praise for the beauty of Your creation today. Thank you for showing me just a fraction of  Who You are in the beauty of today. Amen" 

Bebo Norman - God Of My Everything (Radio Version)

Oh God of Heaven come and help me in
Gather the pieces that are broken
Show me the wonder of You again
Oh God of Heaven

God of my heart
God of my need
God of my pain that no one else will ever see
God of my healing
God of my strength
God who is always and will forever reign
God of my everything

In all creation You call my name
In all the beauty that this world displays
Still I'm the one for whom Your heart aches
In all creation

God of my heart
God of my need
God of my pain that no one else will ever see
God of my healing
God of my strength
God who is always and will forever reign
God of my everything
God of my everything

And when the mountains shake
You are my God
You never change
And when the earth gives way
You are still God
You never change

God of my heart
God of my need
God of my pain that no one else will ever see
God of my healing
God of my strength
God who is always and will forever reign
God of my everything
God of my everything
God of my everything
God of my everything



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Momma.

    One of my favorite concepts is that the mountains bow down to Him! I think of that every time I see our glorious mountain range here. He is mighty, and greatly to be praised. Even the rocks cry out to his greatness.

    ReplyDelete